SPIRITUAL SOURCES COVERED IN FRONTIERS OF KNOWLEDGE & BOOK 3 (On Spiritual Channeling)
- Near-Death Experiences
- Reincarnation Investigations and Studies
- Spiritual Hypnosis – Between-Lives Regression
- Human Subtle-Energy System
- Quality Channeling Sources
- Other Unique and Valuable Sources I Have Found
1. Near-Death Experiences
My major sources for NDEs in Frontiers of Knowledge are listed at the beginning of chapter 5: “Scientific and Systematic Investigations of Near-Death Experiences.” There I list the following researchers: Raymond Moody, Jr., MD; Kenneth Ring, psychologist; Michael Sabom, MD; Jeffrey Long, MD; P.M.H. Atwater, LHD; Pim van Lommel, MD; and Bruce Greyson, MD. Three of the NDE books that I reference heavily are:
- M.H. Atwater, The Big Book of Near-Death Experiences: The Ultimate Guide to What Happens When We Die (Hampton Roads, 2007).
- Pim van Lommel, Consciousness Beyond Life: The Science of the Near-Death Experience (HarperCollins, 2010).
- Jeffrey Long and Paul Perry, Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences (HarperOne, 2010).
An almost unlimited amount of information can be found on the three major near-death experience websites:
- iands.org (International Association for Near Death Studies—IANDS)
- nderf.org (Near Death Experience Research Foundation—NDERF)
All of the above websites provide a vast amount of information on NDE phenomena, individual NDE cases, highlights of NDE research, and reviews of books. The following example from the IANDS website provides a great overview of NDE research and findings:
- Peter Fenwick, “Science and Spirituality: A Challenge for the 21st Century,” The Bruce Greyson Lecture from the International Association for Near-Death Studies 2004 Annual Conference: http://iands.org/research/important-research-articles/42-dr-peter-fenwick-md-science-and-spirituality.html.
Many YouTube videos on NDEs can be found by searching the site for NDEs. Two YouTube videos on Pam Reynolds’s remarkable NDE, produced by BBC and titled “PAM SEES GOD. NDE Pam Reynolds. Amazing!” are wonderful introductions to the life-changing experiences that can occur in NDEs and the efforts by researchers to substantiate the reality of the reported experiences.
- Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbdUEqDB-k
- Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=osfIY4B3y1U
2. Reincarnation Investigations
In Frontiers of Knowledge, I provide information on reincarnation investigations relying primarily on the following three books:
- Jim B. Tucker, Life Before Life (St. Martin’s, 2005). [Tucker has taken over Ian Stevenson’s work at the University of Virginia on the “children-who-remember” phenomenon.]
- Helen Wambach, Reliving Past Lives: The Evidence Under Hypnosis (Bantam, 1979).
- Walter Semkiw, Return of the Revolutionaries: The Case for Reincarnation and Soul Group Reunited (Hampton Roads, 2003).
Other key sources on reincarnation investigations I used are:
- Tom Shroder, Old Souls: The Scientific Evidence for Past Lives (Simon & Schuster, 1999). Shroder, a journalist, describes his experiences with Stevenson as Stevenson investigated cases of Children Who Remember (CWR).
- Semkiw’s website: www.iisis.net/index.php?page=Ryerson-Semkiw-Intro (formerly www.johnadams.net).
- Erlendur Haraldsson, Journal of Scientific Exploration; 12:4, 631–36 (1998). This article provides a review of one of Stevenson’s major works, Reincarnation and Biology: A Contribution to the Etiology of Birthmarks and Birth Defects.
Examples of three other articles from the Journal of Scientific Exploration on the CWR investigations and research are:
- Jim B. Tucker, “Ian Stevenson and Cases of the Reincarnation Type,” Journal of Scientific Exploration 22:1, 36–42 (2008).
- Erlendur Haraldsson, “Persistence of Past-Life Memories: Study of Adults Who Claimed in Their Childhood to Remember a Past Life,” Journal of Scientific Exploration 22:3, 385–93 (2008).
Several videos summarizing several of the independent reincarnation cases that Semkiw highlights in his book and website are available on YouTube:
- Robert Snow’s reincarnation story: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wewwJuxUk.
- Jeffrey Keene’s reincarnation story: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQbtp8fpJQU.
- James Leininger’s story as the reincarnation of a WWII naval fighter pilot: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XZey4tJM8 and http://spiritube.com/james-leininger/reincarnation-past-life-evidence-part-2-video_4f208b1d2.html.
- Barbro Karlen’s story as the reincarnation of Anne Frank: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7D7qP2v7Q8 and www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddoSKUagdg.
3. Spiritual Hypnosis: Past-Life and Between-Lives Regression
For the two chapters in Frontiers of Knowledge covering between-lives spiritual hypnosis regression, chapters 7 and 8, I rely primarily on the following books:
- Michael Newton, Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Llewellyn, 1994).
- Michael Newton, Destiny of Souls: More Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Llewellyn, 2000).
- Linda Backman, Bringing Your Soul to Light: Healing Through Past Lives and the Time Between (Llewellyn, 2009).
- Dolores Cannon, Between Death and Life: Conversations with a Spirit (Ozark Mountain Publishers, 1993).
Additional books providing descriptions of spiritual hypnosis methodologies and information are:
- Michael Newton (ed.), Memories of the Afterlife: Life Between Lives Stories of Personal Transformation (Llewellyn, 2009).
- Winafred Lucas, (primary author and editor), Regression Therapy: A Handbook for Professionals—Volume 1: Past-Life Therapy (Transpersonal Publishing, 1992) and Regression Therapy: A Handbook for Professionals—Volume II: Special Instances of Altered State Work (Transpersonal Publishing, 1992).
- Helen Wambach, Life Before Life (Bantam, 1979).
In five YouTube videos, Michael Newton provided an overview and highlights of his between-lives research.
- youtube.com/watch?v=0QDT58Q6Zxo&feature=player_embedded. Michael Newton-Past Life Therapy–Journey Between Lives 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 NS 5/5, Gateway Television Series, The One on One Interview Series.
[6.13.17] Unfortunately, the videos are no longer available because of a copyright issue.]
The National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapists (NATH) has a two-hour video of a between-lives session with what appears to be an advanced soul. It can be ordered from Transpersonal Publishing at www.hoistictree.com.
- Allen S. Chips, Spiritual Regression: A Past Life/Life Between Lives Video Demonstration (Transpersonal Publishing, 2010).
4. Human Subtle-Energy System
5. Information from Spiritual Channels and Mediums
In some of the chapters in Parts 2 and 3 of Frontiers of Knowledge, I use information from several spiritual channels to support and corroborate the spiritual hypnosis discoveries. The key ones are The Guides, channeled by Ron Scolastico, PhD; Seth, channeled by Jane Roberts; and the multiple mediums and channels used by Robert Schwartz to research soul pre-birth planning. Their major books I reference and draw from are:
- Ron Scolastico, Reflections (available through Amazon) and The Earth Adventure (Universal Guidance Press, 1988). Also, see material available from Scolastico’s website: www.ronscolastico.com/.
- Four of the numerous Seth books by Jane Roberts that I have researched are Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (1972/1994); The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know (1974/1994); and The “Unknown” Reality, Volumes One and Two (1977/1996 and 1978/1996). All are reprinted by Amber-Allen Publishing at the later copyright years.
- Robert Schwartz, Your Soul’s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (North Atlantic Books, 2009). Originally published as Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?) Also, see Schwartz’s website www.courageoussouls.com/.
6. Other Unique and Unusual Spiritual Sources